February 16, 2012 | Author Krishna Everson
Elah Says… “ Here is a Blog from a Talented Lady friend of mine in Australia.
I know you will enjoy this, I did.” “Blogging is sharing”
There are many reasons for writing. They can include to create a keepsake or legacy, to build your business, to fulfill a client need, or to share your passion or make a difference.
Today I had the opportunity to venture inside the brain of Editor, Alex Mitchell of Author Support Services, and serial Author, Kama J Frankling, to discover what we need to consider when writing our books and how to complete them and get them published.
Here is the replay if you missed it: http://instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=26562405
Having both the EDITOR and AUTHOR perspective was invaluable. Here’s a bit of a summary of what we covered on the call:
- HOW A BOOK CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS
- Give you a competitive edge
- Help you stand out in a crowded market place
- Help potential prospects make an informed decision about working with you
- Position you as a leader in your field which attracts clients
- Attracts a higher quality of clientele
WHERE TO FIND YOUR BOOK CONTENT
- Put commonly asked question into a book, addressing them in detail
- Word files on our computer
- Ideas collected over time
- Questions and conversations had on social media
- Workshop content we’ve done in the past
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU START WRITING
- Why are you writing
- Who are you writing for
- What needs to be written now, and what can wait
- How to decide what project comes first
- What your marketplace wants to know
WHERE TO BEGIN RESEARCHING YOUR BOOK
- Your client list – who’s your market? How to narrow it down
- What questions are your clients asking?
- Use social media for insights
- Send surveys to your database
STEPS FOR STRUCTURING YOUR BOOK
- Go through your info and classify it into bundles, topics or sections
- If you’re creative – just write! Don’t worry about sections yet
STAYING MOTIVATED TO COMPLETE YOUR BOOK
- Stay in tune with your why and your purpose for writing your book
- Prioritise time for writing. Fit it into the structure of your day
BOOK PUBLISHING TIPS
- Tips for formatting
- Publishers and self publishing
- Editors look at it from a reader perspective, such as consistency, having it in the right order, and structures that make sense, so that it is a quality product.
You can listen to the full replay here: http://instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=26562405
Do you have a book idea, or one already published? Please share it with us here…..we’d love to hear about it!
Elah Says “ I hope You Enjoyed that and got something good from it I sure did that’s why I posted it here. You can read more on Krishna’s Blog here .”
Remember “Blogging is from Heart to Heart”